Bhindi/ okra/ ladyfinger = ¼ kg
Tomato paste = Small pack
Cooking oil = 2 Tbs
Chili powder = ¼ ts
Grounded coriander = 1 ts
Salt = to Taste
Cumin seeds powder = ¼ ts
Cut Coriander leaves = 1 ts
Turmeric powder = ¼ ts
- Clean the Okra/ladyfinger stems and wash them. Cut off the tops of the okra stems.
- Take a wide and shallow pan and heat the cooking oil in the pan.
- After heating the oil remove pan from the stove, put the grounded coriander, cumin seed powder, Gram Masala, tomato and turmeric powder and cook the spices until brown. Taking the pan off the stove is to make sure that the spices don’t burn.
- Put the pan back on the stove and put the tomato paste and the chili powder in it and cook for another 2-3 minutes while slowly stirring the ingredients.
- Add Bhindi and the salt in the pan, slowly stir the contents and place the lid on the pan.
- Let it remain cooking on a low flame for ten minutes. Stir the ingredients once or twice to make sure that the content is evenly mixed and cooked.
- When done, the Bhindi should be in shape but tender.
Take the Bhindi Masala in a long dish, garnish with cut coriander leaves