1 cup rice
4 – 5 clove powder
1 cup Mung beans
½ tsp green cardamom powder
¾ cups ghee or oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 chopped onions
1 cup milk
3 tsp salt
- Wash rice and beans
- Dip both the rice and beans in water for 2 hours.
- Brown the onions in a cooking pan.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add rice, mung beans, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds and salt and cook for ten minutes.
- Add two cups of water in the pan and bring a boil to it. Do not cover the pan and let the rice cook until the water is dry.
- In the next step, mix cream and milk in rice then cover it and place it on a low flame for 20 minutes.
- Your Dal Chawal is ready to serve.
- For a better taste, add butter to your rice and then serve.