2 ½ cups rice
1 kg chicken meat
¾ cup butter
3 cup yogurt
2 black cardamom
½ cup milk
1 ts mace
¼ cup cream
1 1/3 ts cumin seeds
2 ts mint
½ cup chopped onions
2 ts coriander
2 2/3 Tbs garlic paste
2 bay leaves
Two Tbs ginger paste
10 green cardamoms2 ts lemon juice
2 ts Red chili powder
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
- Dip the rice in water for half an hour.
- Whip the yoghurt and pour it equally in two separate bowls.
- Mix saffron in milk and cream.
- Mix coriander and mint in one half of the yoghurt.
- Boil 4 litres water then add bay leaves, 2 green cardamom, 2 cloves, rice and salt. Cook for 10 minutes then strain the rice.
- Fry rest of the spices, and then add onions, red chilli powder, chicken, salt in these spices and cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Mix rest half of the yoghurt in 200 ml water, put in rice and bring a boil to it then let it to be cooked for sufficient time.
- Take this chicken mixture out in a baking dish, pour half of the saffron and mint mixture on it. Then make a layer of boiled rice and at the end pour the remaining saffron mixture on it. Steam it in oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish it with fried almond and the dish is ready to eat.