½ kg Fish
2 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
1 Big cardamom (milled)
3 tbsp Tamarind pulp
1/2 tsp Brown milled white cumin seed
3 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
1/2 tsp Fennel seed (Milled)
Salt as required
1/2 tsp Red Pepper
3 tbsp Oil
1 ½ tbsp Coriander (Milled)
- First take the fish pieces and wash them well.
- When all water dries then take absorbent paper and dry the fish pieces again. That extra water gets absorb.
- Now take a bowl and put salt, red pepper, coriander, cumin seeds, cardamom and pomegranate seeds in it and make a mixture.
- Apply mixture on fish pieces.
- Put a saucepan on a stove and heat it up.
- Now place the fish pieces on this pan. Add ½ tsp tamarind pulp and 1 ½ tbsp oil in it.
- Turn the fish pieces after 5 minutes and apply tamarind pulp and oil on pieces.
- Now turn again after 5 minutes. When fish pieces are tenders then take out in a separate dish.
- Serve this “Lagan ki machli” with fresh coriander and chili sauce.