½ kg midsized Eggplant/Baingan
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
Few bay leaves
4 – 5 green chili
1 tbsp Khatai
1 tbsp chopped green chili
1 tbsp turmeric powder
½ cup green coriander
½-cup cooking oil
- Put the oil in a deep cooking pot and heat it on a low flame.
- Cut each Baingan/Eggplant in four pieces and fry it in the oil. Once they look fried put in sliced onions.
- After frying onions, add tomato and green chili first and mix evenly. Then add turmeric powder, Khatai, red chili powder, salt, cumin, bay leaves and coriander in it.
- Fry this mixture for 2-3 minutes and add ½ cup of water then close the lid over a medium flame.
- After 20 minutes, your cooking pot will be almost out of water, take the content out in a deep bowl.
- Baigan Masala is ready to serve.